Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I got back from Caseville yesterday. I worked out in the backyard with the dogs. Mainly, I got the yard raked up. There wasn't a whole lot to rake up cause there aren't any trees in the yard, but there is a woods behind the house that some of the leaves fall into our yard. Sunday was nice and the dogs loved being able to just run around like they do at home. My neighbor had surgery last week so I was talking to his wife. He was still in the hospital with a lot of pain....poor guy. They are nice people. They are the people we bought our place from. A nice old lady had lived in it and she had no family, and these neighbors had been taking care of things for her for many years, so when she died they got her place to sell. I'm hoping to learn more about her from my neighbors this summer. It seems like we had a little in common....she liked to crochet....there are a bunch of crocheted potholders in the drawers...but the weird thing is that there are also some crochet books there, and one of the books is the exact SAME crochet book I have...and I have had it since before I was even married! There is a baby dress pattern in there that I made for my second son when I was pregnant before I knew he was boy...haha....it is still up in the attic! Plus, she had this magnet on the refrigerator that almost matches one I have in the condo.

Anyway, I worked today and we are getting down to the last couple weeks. I don't go back in til Friday and then maybe a day or two next week and I'm DONE!!

This computer is acting up so I better get this posted before it freezes up on me. I totally HATE this computer and really, really HATE Earthlink!!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    OK so you are talkign abotu the hosue you live in? that is where the stuff from teh lady is in?? or the one in caseville?? man i am behind huh....

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I'm talking about the one I just bought in Caseville. The lady died and her neighbors inherited the place and sold it to us, so some of her things were still there that I'm finding.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter