Cherokee Rose

Thursday, April 06, 2006

We went shopping for a TV for the new place in Caseville last night. Actually, I went to Circuit City earlier in the day and wanted my hus to go back with me. Then, of course, we end up getting a more expensive TV than the ones I was looking at. I had seen an LCD flat panel widescreen TV at Walmart for $899, BUT I really don't think I want to buy a TV from Walmart. I mean, Walmart is great for clothes and household goods and food and stuff, but an expensive TV??...think not. Besides, I once bought my mother an RCA 20" TV from Walmart and only 2 years later it didn't work. So I think we'll stick with Circuit City. They have a 32" LCD flat panel for $999, but it is some brand we never heard of in TV's....Polaroid....great if I want to take pictures, but not confident in their brand of TV's. Then we were looking at these Samsung slim-fit tube TV's that look exactly like a flat panel widescreen but with a much smaller back, but they only came in 30". So then we saw a 32" LCD flat panel widescreen Panasonic on sale and decided to go with that. The flat panels are great cause they hardly weigh anything at all. We really want it for home, but we need to do something with our wall unit in order for it to fit...and we really need to get something for Caseville Now, so we are going to take it there for now and maybe eventually get something cheaper for Caseville and bring this one back to use at home. It really does seem a bit much to spend on a TV for a vacation place. I want to go to Circuit City's outlet and see if I can do better. We basically decided against a tube TV cause they are going to be sooooooo outdated in a few years. They aren't going to even be making them anymore and you won't be seeing them in stores....they are going to be like the console TV's......Gone.....

I have a theory that the flat panels will be dropping majorly in price after the tube TV's are gone. Right now, they need to push the tube TV's and get them sold....so they are dropping the price on them and keeping the flat panel prices Up to encourage people to buy the tube ones....plus, they still sell the flat panels even at their exaggerated prices and make money. But once the tube TV's are gone, then they will be dropping the prices on the flat panels to sell them.

Anyway, I hope it works ok in Caseville....I think, we are going to stick with the Satellite dish that is already there...not sure, if Caseville even has digital cable and you need either digital or satellite for an LCD TV.

Let's see what else is going on.....my dog, Lucky, has been sick and barfing all over my house....I am on my major diet and am starving, but I have screwed around long enough and it is now April so I have no choice....so Slim Fast, diet pills, eggs, meat and cheese.....and NO booze....yipes!!

I should go to the gym today and work out, but as usual I have too much to do....so what the hell am I doing wasting my time on this f'ng computer????

ciao.................

1 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter