Cherokee Rose

Monday, October 03, 2005

Whose tree is it anyway???

I am totally stressed over this mess I have in my backyard and neighbors and my insurance company! First of all, homeowners insurance does NOT cover fallen trees....only if they damage something and then they only cover THAT part of it. So they will cover the actual cost of removing the part of the tree that is on the damaged fence (basically around $100) and up to $500 to remove that part off the yard....and the cost to repair the fence. Well, with my $1000 deductible, it basically doesn't cover Sh**! Plus, I need to get ALL of it out of my yard. One guy quoted us $2000 total to get it out, and that's not including the fence repair....my fence guy hasn't even shown up yet, so I'm guessing it won't be more than $200-$300 for that.

This one tree guy who just did some work for my neighbor across the street said that he will do it all for $1200....and that is including trimming a couple of trees in our front yard which we were going to call someone to come do anyway. One tree guy quoted us $400 for the front trees....so basically this other guy is doing the backyard crap for $800. He is coming tomorrow (Tues) to do it.

Now, this other A-hole tree guy comes out to give me a quote and my neighbor behind me was out, so this guy starts giving my neighbor a hard time about the tree being on his property, so he should pay for it all (which I agree....BUT the guy can't afford it, and he said he would help pay for $500 for it) Then this tree guy tells this neighbor that he can cut everything up and just throw it all in his yard for him to clean up. I mean, this tree guy was causing trouble with my neighbor. He was only suppose to give me a quote NOT get on my neighbor's ass about this. This is none of his business! So later, my neighbor comes over and now he says that the tree is NOT in his yard, that the tree is actually in the guy's yard next door to him, so he will NOT be giving us $500 like he said!! GREAT!

The house next door to his is some group home. He said that his wife called the owner of the house and he was going to come out and check it out and he said that he would tell him to talk to us about it. Well, nobody came to talk to us all weekend. What a mess....we will probably get stuck paying for everything.

I'm getting this mess out of my backyard...get my fence fixed...then I'm going to try and get this other neighbor's mailing address and send him the damn bills.

Saturday, I went to my oldest son's house. A friend of their also stopped over, and my youngest son and his g'friend came over. So we got some McD's burgers, fries and some beer and partied. Jayden is such a cutie-pie! I'm going to be babysitting the kids in a couple weeks.

I got home around 11:00 because "24" was on and I wanted to tape it. Well, it turned out, it's not a new series...they are just rebroadcasting season 1. So we watched it anyway....then "Enterprise" was on for 2 hours. I got upstairs after 3:00 a.m....and after who knows how many beers...haha I was trying to post on my blog, but nothing was making any sense, so I gave up and went to bed by 4:00 a.m. I woke up at noon and felt like crap all day.

Today I need to go over to the "house" and bring some more things home.

I have this trip coming up and I am so NOT in the mood to even go. I am leaving Friday and will be back the following Tuesday. I'm first driving to New York for a family reunion...then I'll leave there Sunday and drive to Niagara Falls for a couple days. I wish I was more enthused about going, though....I'll be okay once I'm on the road.

Well, it's almost noon so I better get dressed.....later

1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    wow that sucks,, Hope someone cheeper cme to your rescue. Have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter