Cherokee Rose

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I slept in this morning and didn't get up until 2 minutes to 10:00, and I rushed downstairs to watch Guiding Light. I got most of my packing done. I had to go to the post office to mail a couple of ebay packages....did some grocery shopping....and I bought 3 pumpkins and put them out in the front yard. I hit a couple garage sales and bought 3 of those old coca-cola wooden crates...so I have the pumpkins sitting on them.

The cement guy ended up showing up just before my hus got home from work. He said he had the time to get it started today. He'll be back tomorrow to pour the cement....hopefully, after I've left. The owner of that house with the tree was suppose to stop by and get the receipts but never showed up....not too surprised.

There are still fleas in this damn house! I keep picking them off my little Mini Sue. They are fine when they are in Caseville, then they start scratching when they get home. I bought one of those foggers and I told hubby to set one off upstairs when I'm gone. I'll have to do the downstairs when I get back. I need to keep the dogs out of the house or at least upstairs for a couple hours while it's the most potent.

I put gas in the car...air in the tires...figured out how to change everything from English to metric for when I am driving through Canada. God, I hate crossing the border. I get so nervous, like they are going to find all my drugs or something...ha-ha-ha...just kidding. They always ask the stupidest questions....like where are you going...who are you going to see....how do you know them....when are you coming back....why are you going there...blah, blah, blah....Once when I was coming back from Niagara Falls, the bitch actually asked me why my husband didn't go with me....like it was any of her business. It's worse than being on the witness stand with those people.

I have this cute vintage looking outfit I'm going to wear to the Saturday luncheon. It's a long black taffeta skirt with a cream high-neck collared blouse with an older vintage looking brooch to wear at the neck...and I even found a pair of black high-button shoes to wear...except they lace, they don't actually button, but they have that old 1800's look. It's a family reunion based on the family of Ann and Galen Boddy from the 1800's who we are all descended from. I'm descended from their only daughter, Elizabeth, who died tragically at the age of 26 and left a young son, Eli...who was my great-great grandfather. They originally came to New York from England...then migrated to Niagara Falls, NY and to NF, CA...and then eventually to the Detroit area. Eli is buried in the same cemetery as my parents. The cemetery in New York where I'm going is where Ann and Galen are buried. Eli's wife is buried in NF, NY...and their son's wife's family are all buried in NF, Canada. On one of my excursions to NF, CA I located the house that she and her parents lived in and had built and that's when I met Bill, the owner of it now...he is like 92. So I'll be seeing him when I get to Niagara Falls in Canada. I love being in the house. It still has a lot of the originality of it from when it was built. I have a picture of the family posing in the living room back around 1900, and I love sitting there and imagining them being there at one time.

Anyway...gotta get to bed...I want to be on the road before 11:00. See ya when I get back.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Have a safe trip, enjoy. I know your gone already but I am thinking about ya anyway. see ya when yuou get back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter