Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I got up at 7:30 thinking that the tree guys might show up before 9:00, cause they said they would be here in the morning. So they finally get here at 11:45...so technically I guess it was still morning, BUT I could have slept in a bit. They were here til almost 4:30. They got MOST of the crap out of my backyard, but there is still a lot for us to clean up. And this one tree branch is still hanging over my fence line...they didn't even cut that one down. So my hus said that he will do it himself. When I went back there to see what they had done, there was also this huge trunk of the tree still sitting on my fence. What the hell is that? They were working on my front trees, so I told them that they HAVE to get it off my fence or how in the hell am I suppose to get my fence repaired. Bozos!! So they went back with this bulldozer type of machine and shoved it off onto the other side. My yard is a total disaster from the truck and the machines...ruts everywhere. We are not too happy. The grass in that corner is totally destroyed. Plus, when they trimmed my two front trees, they left this one branch just sticking out all by itself and it looks so dumb. Well, ya get what ya pay for, I guess.

We got the phone number of the owner of the house that owns the property that the tree that fell was on. My husband called him and he SAID for us to give him the receipts and he will pay us.....yeah, I'll believe it when I see the check! Besides what we already paid the tree guys, we got an estimate of $500 to repair the fence. The one side of the fence that was wrecked is actually my neighbors, so she will pay that part of the estimate if we don't get a check from this guy. So that will help some. There is still a mess on the other side of our fence that this guy better get rid of. It still looks like crap back there.

Anyway, the cement guy came tonight to see what we want done and he said he will do the job on Monday....so good...I can sleep in tomorrow. But actually, he was kinda cute and I was starting to wish he would be coming tomorrow....oh well. So he'll come on Monday and I'll be in Niagara Falls by then and my husband can handle it.

Haven't heard anything on the house yet. I don't expect it will be selling anytime soon. Houses just are not selling right now...especially in Garden City. Garden City had some lawsuit going on and apparently they lost and now the City owes $15 million and the taxpayers have to pay for it, so everyone's taxes are going up for the next 15 years. That's why so many houses are for sale there....so who the hell would want to buy there? It just really sucks.

I almost lost this post. Usually when my computer goes offline...as Earthlink always does to me....I just sign back on and continue. Well, this time the whole computer shut down and I was sitting here staring at my desktop. I logged back on...got back into my blogger and clicked on "recover post", and there it was! Whew......ok, that's all that went on today.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    YEAH Your lucky when I did it the last time I only ended up with half my post. I was so pissed I just deleted the whole thing.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    The last paragraph I typed was missing, but everything else was there. I wonder why parts would be missing????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter