Cherokee Rose

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Highs and Lows of Life......

I had a fun time in Caseville for 12 days and then came home to bad news and a funeral....whew....talk about being on a high and then a total crash back to reality.

The first weekend I was in Caseville, my youngest son and his g'friend came up and we had fun. We ate cheeseburgers and fries and partied at the bar at night. My son wasn't too keen about us going into the bar and dancing....he and her were fighting about it, but we (she and I) prevailed and we all went anyway. I basically told him to "F-Off...cause we're going with or without him". God, I'm such a bad influence...haha. He said we were both being disrespectful of him and his feelings....well, too bad..."Girls just wanna have fun!"

Then my husband came up on Tuesday and we had a really good time while he was there. We watched the parade on Wednesday, ate tons of cheeseburgers, went to the beer tent, walked down to the harbor and saw all the boats lit up and decorated for the festival, went to the outdoor concerts in the park. He left on Sunday before the car show started, so I went to the car show with my g'friend and we hung out most of the evening. She and her b'friend were fighting as usual, and I told her I did NOT want to get in the middle of it...but of course, they drag me in anyway. By Monday, she was over to my place and we talked...then she left, and he came over to talk, then he left, then she called me, then he called to see if she called me....it was getting too funny.

My cell phone doesn't work in Caseville. So when I left on Tuesday, I checked my messages once I got back into my area and that is when I got the message from my g'friend's daughter telling me that John had passed away on Sunday. I was beside myself. I was shaking and screaming obscenities so bad, I think I was scaring my dogs...so I had to pull off the road and get out of my car and smoked a cigarette to calm down. This was about 4:00. I got home by 5:00 and told my husband. He checked the newspaper and we found the obit and saw that the visitation was that night and the funeral on Wednesday. I called the funeral home and talked to my g'friend and told her I was back in town and had just gotten the message and I would be there for her. Apparently, she did call the house, but she was talking so quiet that my husband couldn't understand the message and deleted it, not knowing who it was. I'm glad her daughter left the message on my cell phone at least. I didn't even unpack my car...we just got ready and got to the funeral home by 7:00. She was a basket case to say the least. She really needed me to be there, and I am so glad I was home for her. Then Wednesday was the funeral. I finally unpacked my car last night.

Remember earlier in another post I had said how I lost one of my precious diamond earrings that my husband bought me while I was in Caseville a month ago? Well, my g'friend in Caseville called me last night to tell me she FOUND IT!! It was on her floor near the couch....I couldn't believe it....I am now Happy, happy, happy!

I went to the house today and started packing up whatever is left to give to charity and threw out some stuff. A realtor was suppose to meet me there, but he missed me by a minute. I told him I would only be there until 3:00....I wanted to get home and grill some kebobs and corn on the grill and I needed to get the corn soaking. So at exactly 3:00 I left, as I was driving down the street I saw him driving towards the house....well, too bad...I said before 3:00!...not one minute after. So he called me later and told me he was sorry he missed me...he saw me backing out of the driveway...haha....He was only coming to preview the house for a client, or so he says. I told him he or his partner can bring the client to see the house next week. Personally, I doubt if there is an interested client...these realtors will say anything to get your attention so they can give you a sales pitch and get your listing. His partner has the client and she will be out of town til Sunday, so he said she will call me when she gets back. I'm not making two trips over there...one for them to preview it and one with the client...they can come with the client first.

Well, I'm leaving for a one-night trip this weekend to Cleveland, OH. I'm taking my oldest son, his g'friend and the two kids to Cleveland to see the NASA Glenn Research Center. We'll leave Saturday morning and get back Sunday. Should be fun......and life goes on......

2 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    WOOO HHOOOO found it see I told ya,,, but then I thought ,,, has it been that long from the last time she vacumed in there? I am so sorry about your friends son, I can only imagine how hard that must be. I have had friends loose babies but not older kids. You hang in there. Have fun in Ohio.

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    She has wood floors and she thinks it was stuck in the couch cause when her dogs were up on it that's when she thought she saw something fall on the floor.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter