Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

He's in the Army now.....

My son thought he was going to be taking the oath around noon so we planned on being there by 11:30. So I got up just before 8:30 and he calls and tells me that they are doing the swearing in at 10:00 and leaving at noon. So I run and wake up hubby and we rush, rush, rush to get out of there by 9:10. We got there shortly before 10:00 and they were a late anyway....good thing, cause his wife didn't get there til a few minutes after 10:00. They ushered everyone into the ceremony room. There were 11 inductees....8 guys, 3 gals....some army, some marines and I think one for the air force. I took pics during the swearing in and afterwards. Of course, I can't post any here until I get my comp working.

Then they went into the dining room to get something to eat before they departed and we visited for awhile. They have a game room there so we sat in there with the kids. He had been issued an Army backpack to pack his things in and an officer came in and gave Michelle and I one too! It's pretty neat and had some booklets, a CD, and an Army T-shirt in it.

Just before noon the bus came and we took a couple more pics of him getting onboard and then off he went to the airport.

So that's THAT!

We drove back and I got my walking in.....I walked a little over 3 miles in 50 minutes. Tomorrow or Friday I am going back to Caseville for a week or so. My hus says he's staying home. We need our time-away-from-each-other-before-one-of-us-kills-the-other time off. I'll probably take my furry kids with me. Then I have to be back by the 23rd cause I have frickin jury duty again. This time it's a sure thing. I don't call the night before. I just show up.

Anyway, I just figure the army is just my son's new job. Hopefully, it'll be okay.

Ciao....

3 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger TenderSurrender said…

    Hi its me Michelle.I saw your blogspot in my toolbar so I checked it out.I have made a blog dairy of while Ken is gone.I do not know how to add your blog to my site?? I dunno.Blogs r new to me lol.heres mine ok
    http://armyfamilylife2006.blogspot.com/
    let me know what you think k
    Michelle

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter