Cherokee Rose

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hello New Year!

I'm babysitting at my son's house tonight. Jayden is sleeping and Hunter is watching Jurassic Park III....so I'm on the computer.

I survived the holidays....good lord, I didn't think it would ever end! The Friday before Xmas my middle son and his girlfriend came over and we exchanged gifts.

Then Saturday night we had our oldest son and his wife (yes, they are married now!) and the two kids over. We all got a lot of great gifts. Sunday night my youngest son came over and he gave me the red toaster that I wanted for the cottage...so I was really happy.

Christmas we went to my in-laws and got home late.

So it was party, party, party for four days in a row. By Tuesday I was so exhausted and hungover from all the drinking that I stayed in bed all day...I didn't even bother to get dress at all. I was totally whipped!

We left for Caseville by Thursday for New Years. I really didn't even want to go out cause I was still too partied out from Xmas....but I called my g'friend and we made arrangements to meet at Hersel's Lounge at 10:00. So my husband and I got there and waited and waited and they never showed up! I was royally pissed off!! I mean, I didn't even want to go out in the first damn place. So we left at 11:45, drove home, turned on Rockin Eve with Dick Clark and enjoyed the New Year with our doggies.

Apparently they were fighting as usual and decided not to go out, but didn't bother to call us to let us know.....go figure! They just got married the Friday before Xmas.

We drove back home this past Thursday cause my son and his girlfriend were getting married yesterday. We stood up for them at the courthouse. Then we took them and the kids out for lunch. My son is leaving this Wednesday for the army and they needed to be married before he leaves. We are going to be there when he takes his last oath just before he ships out. Don't ask me how I feel about all this!!!
______________________________________

We had a good time in Caseville regardless. Our neighbors got a new little puppy! He's a Schnauser and his name is Trooper. They lost a dog almost 2 years ago and really debated about getting another one, but they really miss not having a dog so they caved. So now Mini and Lucky will have a friend they can bark at....haha
_____________________________________

I started walking!! I walked nearly everyday while I was in Caseville. I missed Thursday cause that's when we drove home, and I missed yesterday cause of the wedding, but I got out there today. I've been walking 40-50 minutes...I'm figuring about 3 miles....15 mins per mile. My husband bought me a Sony walkman, so it's easier and more enjoyable with the music blaring in my ears. He also got me Chris Daughtry's CD, so I've been listening to that. It's a great CD...although I was hoping he would do more "in your face....jump up and dance.....rock n roll" type of music. But it's more American Idol/Kelly Clarkstonish type....


That's about it for now......later, gator

1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger 1 plus twins said…

    wow how did you know i was gonna ask how you feel about all that??? and your friends just got married the friday before and you say they fight all the time. well it is good then you didn't spend new years with them you don't want any of their bad luck for 2007. hope all is weel and you have a great new years. oh yeah, i wish i had the will power you and jaye do to get out there and walk and quit the smoking. i need to do both and i just don't have the will power.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter