Cherokee Rose

Friday, December 01, 2006

It was a great week!

My hubby and I drove up to Caseville the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and we just got back yesterday. We decided to forego the usual turkey dinner and opted to grill steaks on the grill cause it was so nice. I did buy some cranberries, sweet potatoes, cole slaw and apple pie to go with it. The weather stayed beautiful while we were there and I got some outdoor work finished up.

Last Friday we went up to the Eagles and had their fish dinner and drank pitchers of beer. Then Saturday I woke up and my cold was 10 times worse....probably because of all the outdoor work I was doing with no coat on...it just made it worse. So I was miserable for a few days, sneezing and my eyes were watering like crazy and I looked awful. Then I bought some allergy meds and everything started clearing up faster.

I bought some Xmas decorations and I have the outside of my cottage all decorated.....lights, wreaths, garland, bows and one of those spiral trees. We had the lights on for a few nights before we left. I can't wait to get back up there.

Hubby liked the electric fireplace I bought. I have a beautiful Xmas basket with poinsettias and apples sitting on top with candles. It's very Xmassy-looking now up there.
___________________________________________-

I have this sixth sense thing....I inherited it from my grandmother....and it's weird how it sometimes works. So anyway, while we were at the cottage, I kept complaining to my husband that it was so damn HOT in there....and he's walking around with a sweater on telling me I'm crazy. I even opened up the doorwall and he made me close it and told me to go outside or in the garage if I was so hot. I must have complained to him a half dozen times for a few days telling him that "it is so DAMN HOT IN HERE!" So we get a phone call from my youngest son and he proceeds to tell me that he went to the house to get the mail and newspapers and when he went in the house, he broke out in a sweat cause it was like a sauna in there....the furnace was running like crazy and it was 88 degrees in there!! Apparently, the thermostat had stopped working and since the furnace was set on "heat" it was running but had no temperature set to stop at....so it was just running and running. He put new batteries in the thermostat and it read 88 degrees. Weird, huh?
___________________________________________-

We got our first unemployment check!!....and a check for 5 days of unused vacation days. Today....Dec 1....is hubby's first official retirement date. The pension checks probably won't start til March, but the first check will be retroactive back to Dec 1. Now he needs to get to the Social Security office and get that started. I bought him a retirement card and I'm going to put a lot of lotto tickets in it and give it to him tonight. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and win a million dollars!!....(in my dreams)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    glad to hear from you again. now how are you gunna enjoy your lites down there? I hope you are getting use to the guy being home all the time. How is that?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter