Cherokee Rose

Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm at the library and I don't have a lot of time left on my session, but thought I'd leave a quick post.

Trying to get unemployment benefits is a real royal pain in the butt! First off, they need to know about the pension benefits and I guess they subtract any benefits you receive!....so basically, any unemployment benefits ya might get will not be extra money. Then you have to put a resume in on this website, which is what I am here doing for my husband now. Then he has to drive somewhere in this bad Detroit area to go to this place where he has to have everything confirmed or something. And they want to know if there is any vacation pay...any severance pay....Crap....I really doubt if we are going to be getting anything from those bastards. I figure my husband has put in 18 years and gets laid off one year before he can collect a full pension and full social security benefits, so they OWEhim a lousy 26 weeks of unemployment....and he should not have to look for work either!

So now we have all these forms to fill out....health insurance crap...pension crap...etc. He got a check last week and here I'm thinking it was going to be a regular 2 week check, thinking that they held back two weeks at the beginning....and NOPE, it's for the extra 3 days he worked before he got laid off....like Nov 1, 2, 3. They still owe him 5 days of vacation pay....and the severance check. Eventually we'll get everything straightened out....but it's going to be a major cut finances, that's for sure.

Thanksgiving is coming and I do NOT want to do Thanksgiving. I want to go to Caseville and eat out. I don't think hubby wants to do anything. So I have no clue what the hell we are doing. I just know I do not want to cook this year. To hell with it. And I'm still sick with this blasted cold.....

Is this what they call the "golden years"?????

1 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    oh man hang in there Diane things will calm down. Have a great Thanksgiving and go to the kids house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter