Cherokee Rose

Thursday, December 07, 2006

I drove up here to the library so I could send my son an email and forgot to bring his addy...dumb.

I called SBC to have internet hooked up to my computer but they said they can't do it on Windows ME, which is what I have...so I have to buy some upgrade thing at a computer store and upgrade my computer to something else, Windows 2000 or X something. Damn, it will be another 6 months before I get my comp going again.

I am slowly getting my Xmas cards out.

I am still waiting for the severence check to come.

My oldest son needs to have his own birth certificate before he leaves for the army and I don't want him taking the one I have, so I was trying to get another copy for him. I couldn't get it through Wayne County cause since my husband adopted him after we got married, his birth certificate changed and I had to get it from Lansing. So I decided to drive to Lansing and get it....I could get it the same day. So I drove all the way to Lansing. It took a couple hours to get, so I walked across the street and toured the Capitol. I think my oldest was 3 or 4 years old the last and only time I went there. It was pretty awesome.

My son's birth certificate was actually changed several times. First, he was originally named a Junior, so when I got my divorce I changed his middle name to get rid of the JR part....so they send me the new certificate with the middle name changed, but Jr was still on. So I had to have it redone again to take the Jr off. Then I remarried and hubby adopted him, so another certificate was issued. I think he was 7 when he finally got his current birth certificate. Good Luck to anyone in the future trying to do a geneology research in finding it...haha

I got my house decorations up. I decided to buy a fiber optic tree for the living room and I'm going to take my regular one up to the cottage for up there. I got my main family room tree up but hubby hasn't put the lights on it yet....so can't decorate it. This is the last year I am going to put that big tree up. I bought a smaller 4 1/2' one that will sit on a table for next year. Actually, I decided to do Xmas at home every other year....and every other year in Caseville....so next year we will be in Caseville for Xmas. I'm going to send the boys gift certificates and money....no present buying....I am SOOOOOOO tired of it.

I think of so many things I want to post when I'm home...then I get up here and my brain shuts down...

HO-HO-HO....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter