Cherokee Rose

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Light a Lighter.....for Paul....

I was reading tonight that Paul McCartney is in town......and the person writing the article was talking how he had been there when he saw the "Beatles" in 1966 at the Olympia Stadium. Welllllllllllllllllllllllll.......I saw them then and I saw them in 1964, their first appearance here!...whoopee....whooppe...dooo. So am I writing an article about it??? Maybe I should.

Wayyyyy...back....in 1964....I desperately wanted to see "The Beatles". I mean, they were the hottest new group that ever invaded the music industry...and Paul was so damn cute! So I sent away for a ticket...and I was so excited when I received my ticket in the mail....(It cost me $2.00 for a standing-room only ticket)....(I still have the ticket). Anyway...I haven't seen Paul since 1966 when I went to see him again.... And tonight and last night he is here at the Palace. Did I get a ticket??...Was I there?? Did I go see my idol????...NOPE....I will NOT pay $100 to see some guy sing songs that I have already heard before. Besides, I already saw him in '64 and '66...same ole, some ole......Last time I saw him, he just stood there with his guitar in front of a mike and bobbed his head back and forth and said "yeah, yeah, yeah"

So I'm not about to spend $100 to see him again.

Tonight I rented a movie called "A Mighty Wind"...a story about some old folk singers who get together after mega years and sing for their fans. Brought back a lot of memories....like Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Melanie....like you really know who I'm talking about.

I have a t-shirt that Bob Dylan autographed with his name with some artist that painted a guitar on the shirt....really cool!

But who the hell really cares, right??

Sooooooooooooo....Paul is singing at the Palace tonight and I'm not there...like he's going to really miss me....well, as long as I buy his CD, he'll be okay.

Those where the days...............my friend...............

3 Comments:

  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    You should have gone! I would have gone if I had a free ticket....

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    Paul and his wife,(the first one) lived out here for a bit. Big woop, Yeah I loved him way back when too, but come on it is like going to see David Casidy, Rod Stewart,The Beach Boys, The Monkeys,Thay are OLD now too. Who would want ot see me now all old and wrinkeled? and I still can't sing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter