Cherokee Rose

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The world is Flooded with stupid people.....

A lot of things piss me off. One of them is the stupidity of people. Just annoys the hell out of me. People make decisions. People are responsible for the decisions they make. Then when it blows up in their faces or causes an inconvenience, they expect everyone else to feel sorry for them and help bail them out. STOP making stupid decisions!

Now....okay, gonna get some flack here, but I don't really care.....these people who made a stupid decision to actually live in a city that is literally in a bowl under sea level, only protected by man-made levees, are now whining and crying cause they lost their homes and everything they own.....well, who the hell told them to live there??? They knew what consequences could come of it....yet they made their choice. Nature will always prevail. If you go against nature, then be prepared. The land there is slowly eroding due to the levees that man built. It is nature's way to occasionally flood the land and the silt from the floods helps keep the land up....that area has been slowing eroding and getting worse...making the area more vulnerable to flooding when it does happen.....and it will. Also, besides living there....these people had warning that it was coming and what might happen, yet many of them made another stupid decision to stay, and ended up on roof-tops expecting someone else to help them out.

Frankly, I'm tired of reading about other people's stupidity....my main concern right now is that I have to pay over $3.00/gallon for my gas and I have trips to make! God, I'm such a selfish bitch....but at least my house is here and dry...cause I'm not stupid enough to live in a flood-zone.

There are flood-zone areas in Dearborn Heights and when my son was looking for a house, he wanted this one that was in a flood-zone...we talked him out of it....he bought another house....a couple years later there was a flood and the house he almost bought was totally flooded.....his house, on the other hand, was fine. You DON'T live in a flood zone area; and if you do, be prepared and don't expect a lot of sympathy from me.

I did donate $10 to the Red Cross Disaster Fund to help out...I would have sent more, but I need the money for gas.........

2 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Diane said…

    I would rather donate money to Walmart....would be a better more worthwhile cause....at least give them more of my business to help them recoup. It goes to show that when you do try to help people, they just bite you in the ass later for it anyway....so why bother.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    hahaha You go girl!!!!!!! I am sadly cut in tow about this. I understand the POOR people, yet also understand teh GET THE HELL outness. Have a great weekend!! Stay home. $3.36 here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter