Cherokee Rose

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Cleveland Rocks!

I had a great time in Cleveland over the weekend. Today I was totally worn out and slept a lot...haha. We got our rooms which were right across the hall from each other which worked out perfect. We stayed at the Comfort Inn near the NASA Glenn Reseach Center and only about 12 miles from downtown. Then off we went to downtown Cleveland. We passed Jacob's Field on our way to the U.S.S. Cod submarine that I wanted my son to check out. I had already did the tour of the sub when I was there about 9 years ago with hubby, so I watched little Jayden while my son, his g'friend and Hunter went down in the sub and toured it. It started raining like crazy by the time they were done, though. We wanted to walk down to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, but it was raining too hard. So we went to this restaurant that is on this boat next to the sub and ate....then the rain stopped. We walked down to the Hall of Fame and toured that....and bought lots of souvenirs for everyone. I got myself a neat Tee and a shot glass. I was bummed cause a lot of the displays that were there 9 years ago they don't have now. I guess a lot of stuff gets changed periodically. Then we drove back to the Inn and made a beer run and partied in my room.

Sunday we all went down to the Continental Breakfast, checked out and then we went to K-Mart and bought Hunter some school clothes and Jayden some new shoes, took the kids for ice cream and to a park to kill some time, and then we went to the NASA Glenn Research Space Center which opened at 1:00....damn, it was worse then getting across the border! I knew we had to show ID, but they also had us pull over and wait for some guy to check our car. We had to open the doors and the back hatch of my jeep and he went through some things. I know we were all a bit hung over looking, but I didn't think we looked like terrorists or anything. I mean, we had 2 kids with us. They told us we could not take any pictures outside the building, but once we got in we could take pictures....which makes no sense to me at all....I mean, what the hell is outside the building??? I'm sure there were cameras everywhere watching our every move. But we did take lots of pictures inside. It is very interesting if you're into space stuff...which we all are. They have the original Apollo Command Module which splashed down in 1973 there. There is tons of stuff to look at, so we were there til after 3:00 and then we hit the road for back home. It was super fun...and the kids were so good.

So what's with the gas prices now?? My son called me and told me I better fill up cause the prices are going up AGAIN....so I went and had to sit in a long line for 20 minutes, but I filled up at $2.55/gal....most stations are now already at $2.79. I think I'm going to be walking to the store tomorrow...haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter