Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy 2008!

I finally returned from my Holiday trip to Caseville a couple days ago. I admit that I stayed longer than I thought I would, but once I get there it's hard to drive back to reality.

My husband got up to Caseville a few days before Christmas and left a few days after the New Year's, so even he was there almost 2 weeks. We had a GREAT, and QUIET, and RELAXING Christmas! I spent all day in my lounging pj's. I made a spiral ham for dinner. We finally got around to opening up our gifts after 5:00. There was no rushing in the morning so we can get ready to go to other people's houses as in the past.

New Year's Eve we went up to the Eagles club for awhile and got home in time for midnight. Although, I have to admit that I really don't even remember midnight!! I drank way too much and I was drinking gin which I know I can't handle, but wtf, it was New Year's. I remember getting home just before 11:00 and finding Dick Clark.....then the news came on and I got pissed so I put in a Dylan CD and that's all I remember until I woke up in my pj's in bed the next morning. Guess I had a 'black-out' moment. The wine was still in the fridge, and the gin bottle was empty (well, it was only 1/2 full to begin with), so I guess I had a good time.

Among other things, my husband bought me 3 CD's for Xmas.....Carrie Underwood, Prince and Bob Dylan. The Dylan CD is top-notch....30 songs, 2 discs, all of his classics and then some. Since I've been home, I'm constantly on the computer with YouTube watching video clips of Dylan. I forgot what a great songwriter he is. I've been actually reading the lyrics to some of his songs and I'm totally blown away. I couldn't believe that he wrote "Masters of War" in 1963 for god's sake....and it so applies to today with all the crap going on in Iraq and with our government. Someone made a clip of that song using images of Bush, Iraq, etc.....the song was so prophetic. I'll have to post the lyrics.

I have a t-shirt I bought at a celebrity auction in 1990 that someone airbrushed/painted his guitar on the front and Dylan himself airbrushed his name under it.....awesome!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I want to hit the eagels too when I come back we will have ot go up and go in.... oh wait I am not longer a member so you will have to take me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter