Cherokee Rose

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas....Schmistmas....

Only 13 more days til Christmas.....is everybody ready? Does anybody care??

I decided last year that I am not doing the big humongous tree this year. When we were in Caseville for New Year's I bought a smaller table-top type tree on sale. It's about 4 1/2 feet tall with frosted branches and little red berries...also a pre-lit one so hubby doesn't have to waste time putting all the lights on. When Mervyns went out of business I bought a few of their round display tables and a red tablecloth that fit. It's perfect for the new tree.

Also since my husband's shoulder is still in the process of healing, I decided not to drag all that Xmas stuff down from the attic this year. I went up there myself and brought down a few boxes that I could handle and left all the rest up there. I put the fiber optic tree up in the living room and a few other things. I got the kitchen box down so my kitchen is decorated. I put up my new tree in my family room and whatever else was in the boxes I brought down. Then I went to a thrift store and bought a few things to fill in where needed. My house looks really nice and somewhat different from previous years which is kind of nice.

My new tree is gorgeous! I decided last year that I wanted to do the whole tree in clear crystal/acrylic, so throughout the year as I go to garage sales, estate sales, stores, etc I look for ornaments. I got a lot of really good deals on real glass or crystal ornaments. I also bought some acrylic ones that look like crystal.....not cheap plastic ornaments....the better acrylic. I went to this one antique shop and a guy there was selling those crystals that use to hang on chandeliers...now they are hanging on my tree. My tree sparkles.....looks like ice on a frosted tree....just beautiful. I am very pleased how it turned out. I also bought some Mikasa clear glass angels that I have sitting in front of the tree.

I also decided that I am doing a "giftless" Christmas. I am sending the kids money and they can buy what they want and a restaurant gift certificate for them and their significant other. I told them not to buy us anything. We're not going to the in-laws. My husband and I are going to spend Christmas in Caseville. We will buy only for each other. It will be a stressless Christmas this year....not like last year. I am so NOT into Christmas anymore. I'm tired of the hecticness of it....the buying....the figuring out WHAT to buy....the wrapping....the get-togethers....everything. We'll send money and then get the hell out of here.

I'll be glad when it's over.....

1 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    WOW I can't even imagine a Christmas like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but I AM THINKING OF IT

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter