Cherokee Rose

Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday....TGIF

I worked yesterday so I didn't have to work today. Because I usually work on Fridays it made today seem like Saturday....weird. I spent all day going to estate sales. The first one was totally ridiculous. Apparently, the owner had been a major teddy bear collector. I mean she had about 3 room filled, and I mean filled with dozens and dozens and dozens of teddy bears. I have alot of bears myself, and I buy mainly Boyds Bears so I know a bit about them. And I know for a fact that Ebay has totally killed the secondary market for just about anything collectible anyway, but mainly Boyds Bears are just about worth zilch now. I don't care what any Boyd's Collector's Books say. So here are some Boyds bears with $40 and $60 prices on them. WHAT?? Even the mohair bears are not worth that. Some of the 'older' bears may be worth something, but most of the bears are simply not worth what people think they are. Even mohair bears.....the older mohair bears are worth something, but the newer ones are a dimadozen now. So get real estate sale people!!!

I had a Boyds bear worth according to the book around $40.....I gave it to a consignment store to try and sell for $20....the guy took all my Boyds bears and sold them on Ebay for practically nothing and then left town, and I never got a dime for them. Anyway, the one that I wanted $20 sold on Ebay for $2.25. They aren't even worth what they originally sold for. The prices at this sale were totally ridiculous.

So I go down in the basement and there is this little plastic round room thermometer shaped like a ship's wheel with no price. So I ask the guy down there how much it is and he says "Well, this ain't no five & dime."....who the hell said it was asswipe. So he says, "Well, buy more stuff and we'll give you a deal."....IT'S A PLASTIC THERMOMETER....Whaddaya want?...50 cents, a buck....yeah make me a deal!! I left and I didn't buy anything.

Hubby went to the other two sales with me. So at the first one there is this Pizzelle Iron that you can make these thin cookies with....on the stove, not electric; brand new in the box. I asked this little skinny *itch how much it is (cause no price again....God, I hate that!) So she asks this other woman who I heard say $2.00. So she says to me, $3.00 and put a $3 tag on the box. I told her that the other woman said $2.00, and she says "Oh, she did? Well, maybe SHE can give you a deal." So I'm in the bedroom and I wanted these shoes but can only find the right shoe, and since I have TWO feet...both left and right, I needed the other shoe. So I asked little Miss skinny ass where the other shoe could be, and she totally ignored me. So unless I wanted to hop on one foot everytime I wore it, I decided to forget the shoe.

Estate Sale #3 turned out better. I've been to their sales before and their prices are always good. Actually today was already 25% off, tomorrow will be 50% off and near the end of the day everything will be 75% off. So I bought a scary halloween mask....don't ask, cause I have no idea....I already got a weird look from hubby. Anyway, I bought a few other things too. There was this couch there that I called my son about and he said he already looked at it yesterday and it's too small for his living room. I'm like WTF.....it's a regular size couch....3 cushions. It was like brand new and a Broyhill, simple goldish tweed material...very classy looking with these buttons along the bottom for only $350 and 25% off!! It was easy a $1000 couch. Whatever....

Then I got the brainstorm idea to go to the nearby catholic church for their Friday night fish fry. We've never been to it. Actually, the Eagles in Caseville is the only fish fry I've ever been to that I can remember. Hubby agreed to go. We get there and there are all these people sitting at long tables in the gym and people sitting on chairs holding numbers. I ask where do we pay and was pointed to the end of a very long line. We get in line where somebody takes our order. We shuffle along slowly getting closer to where I think the food is. Finally, we get to a person who totals our order. Then the next person takes our money and gives us a number. Our number is 42. We find a place to sit and hear "number 16...number 16". OMG. Some woman was selling 50/50 tickets and she asks hubby if he was ever in the army and he said "yes, how did you know?", and she said "your hat."...His hat says Corona on it??? WHAT?? It's green anyway. So after about 20-30 minutes of interesting chit-chat hubby pokes me and says he thinks they said #42, and I'm sure they said "number 40....number 40". NO....he was saying "number 42...number 42". I jump up waving my number like I just won the lottery.

Oh, and why do people with babies sit them on the table?? Who wants a baby with a shitload of crap in their diapers or whatever sitting on a table people are going to be eating at later after they leave???? Good grief...have some common sense.

That was my day......

Tomorrow we are going to a wedding.....Oh joy, oh joy....a wedding. Another $100 down the drain. They will probably be divorced within the year. Wedding is at noon...and sorry I don't do noon weddings....so we'll show up at the reception, and if they give me a number, I'm leaving.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol@100 dollars down the drain divoriced by a year heehhee! so right u r:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Free Web Site Counter